Six Kodiaks recognized as CCAA Academic All-Canadians
April 6, 2017 – Academic Accountability is one of the three pillars of Kodiaks Athletics, which is why the Lethbridge College Kodiaks are proud to announce that six Kodiaks athletes were named Academic All-Canadians by the CCAA on Wednesday.
The honour recognizes those who best balanced academics with their athletic accomplishments. Just 180 student-athletes in Canada earned the prestigious honour.
The Kodiaks recipients were:
· Emma Lowry (women’s basketball)
· Sunder West (women’s basketball)
· Chris Maughan (men’s basketball)
· Rachel McKenzie (women’s cross country)
· Emily Spencer (women’s cross country and indoor track)
· Dax Whitehead (men’s volleyball)
The six recipients will be recognized by the Kodiaks for their academic achievements at the third annual KODI awards on Monday, April 10. The high-energy awards show begins at 7:30 p.m. and all Kodiaks fans are encouraged to attend. Admission is free but a donation to the LCSA food bank is encouraged.